Sunday, January 30, 2011

On the verge of Dignity

Heartless and Selfish are probably the best words to describe me.

Part 2 begins here.

There are some experiences that affect a major decision that you make in your life... Sometimes it is the emergence of a role model, sometimes it is the fall of one. More often than most, the latter happens, and as I have learnt in primary school, 我也不例外。Moving out of International House, which I had called home at one point, wasn't a very hard transition; Being slightly hardened and perhaps more observant in terms of people politics, I took my new-found knowledge and pursued further "knowledge" in the Melbournian Metropolitan.

Making friends with someone you completely don't know isn't a strange thing for me. The prospect of living with someone I completely don't know in fact gave me a surge of adrenaline that I was looking for beyond the walls of 200 watching, judgemental eyes. It was a very detached experience; I had not found an environment where I could, shall we say, let my hair down and let things be as natural as they should be. Bringing my baggage with me, I had brought the old, bad and the ugly to this new world of "properly living", at least in my perception, in Australia for the first time, and as a result the focus suffered.

Sometimes when you work on something long term, such as studying somewhere new for a while, one of two things happen: you either forget who are, develop into something new and go on your own path, or realise how much your original "path" means to you and it burns stronger. I still cannot tell which has happened to me. But regardless, I do know this: I certainly understand myself a lot better, for one, and I also have honed myself a lot better in terms of what I want to be.

The thrill of moving out only lasted a year. The following annum, I moved in with my brother, which was a completely different experience altogether.

I'm still too upset to blog. Part 3 to come soon.

No comments: